jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Are smear-hubs and forums allowed?

1. maestrowhit profile image60
    maestrowhitposted 7 years ago

There is a hubber on here who really gets my goat (so to speak). This guy is complete jerk all the time, and I want to dedicate a hub or a forum thread to calling him out on his unconscionable behavior. I want to target him in a hub all about him - in other words.

Can I do that?

1. 0
      SirDentposted 7 years ago in reply to this

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would think a hub would be OK as long as you are not too personal. I have had a few written about me that were not exactly complimentary. lol

And a few of the other persuasion.....

3. ngureco profile image86
      ngurecoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why not? Go ahead and write a hub. We'd love to read the story for free.

But there might be a problem because the saying is, "Never argue with a fool. People might not be able to tell the difference" (Psalm 14:1)

It is best not to do it. A jerk does not care for the facts, a jerk is stranger to reason, a jerk does not know debate and in the final analysis the jerk will be the winner and it’s you who will look to be jerk.

1. maestrowhit profile image60
        maestrowhitposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is some really good advice. Thanks.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Posting such things on forums is called personal attack. Or rather I really doubt you could write it the way it is not a personal attack. Therefore it is not allowed. If you can - then why not?

I think you can still post a hub on this, and it will have a chance of staying even if it gets all personal.

What is the point, however? It never benefits neither you, nor anybody else, when you do things "against". I would say just ignore the jerk, and concentrate on what you like smile

3. maestrowhit profile image60
    maestrowhitposted 7 years ago

Thank you all for the input. I don't think I'll write this hub now. You guys have spoken some sense to me. I just got really outraged at this particular idiot and wanted to put him in his place. It most definitely would have been ENTIRELY personal. That would've been the whole intent. I would've made no attempt to veil that. That's because I believe this guy actually deserves it.

But it's true that if I were to do this, more harm would be done than good. For me, and everyone involved.

Thanks Misha and Mark. I got my head back now. smile