Major Panda update Thursday 27th September

1. Redberry Sky profile image94
    Redberry Skyposted 4 years ago

Mike Dale posted the news here >> but I thought I'd post something in the Traffic forum to link to it in case anyone misses Mike's thread but checks here.  Google admitted last night that a major Panda update was rolled out on Thursday 27th Sept.

Bah. Humbug.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
      Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What I don't understand is why panda is affecting our traffic. I mean maybe I don't surf the site enough but is our quality really that bad? Are people still keyword stuffing or something? What the frak? big_smile (thought I'd throw some battlestar galactica in there lol. It made me laugh, and all I wanna do is cry... )

1. Redberry Sky profile image94
        Redberry Skyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think we will know what's really happening until the SERPS settle after the change, and HP has finished resolving the possible flaws they found with the site design, and the site has been indexed properly again by Google.  In a couple of weeks or so we might be able to see more clearly (and even, hopefully, our traffic might have returned!).

As for the quality on HP - there is a lot of very good stuff, but Hub Hopping shows that there's still a huge possibility of a lot of pointless spam, and I think some of that kind of spam from months or years ago is still indexed by G and might be affecting the way the site as a whole is thought of by the search engines. 

Don't cry, DoM - I think the staff are really working on sprucing up HP and it could all turn around again soon smile