jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Email from Webmaster Tools - strange but good

1. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

In checking my email, I found early this week I received an email from the above party, telling me  they will notify me by email of any errors they find when crawling my site... Did we all get one? I wonder if they are doing it because of problems mentioned by staff early this week...

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If a person has a site registered with Google Webmaster Tools then they all received the same message.  It is also a message alert when you sign in.  Seems to me that they are doing it as a courtesy to webmasters since many of them just ignore the message center when they log in.  This can help you a lot if you have control over your site's database but it is of no consequence if Hubpages is the only site you are monitoring.

brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do they report errors to HubPages and not to the hubbers?

1. livewithrichard profile image85
          livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They only make reports available to the webmasters.  Any errors that are found are the webmaster's responsibility to address.

Thanks livewithrichard. I knew it was too good to be true that we would get reports. I don't have a site of my own, unfortunately.

2. Sapper profile image73
      Sapperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I got the email too, but I have 6 websites other than HubPages. I really like this feature, I normally check my Webmaster Tools once a week at best, so it'll be nice to see if there is something wrong right away.

Lucky you. I need to set up a website. I do have an inactive blog.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

My hubpages are not linked to webmaster tools, but I got the email. So it's across the board.

3. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Thanks so much for responding.

working