jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Writing Romance lesson by lesson Writing coach

1. writingcoach profile image62
    writingcoachposted 4 years ago

I think I named my hub wrong--what do you think of the post? Please respond.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What hub?

2. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I would try for a more engaging title. One that asks a question or answers a question.  Also, I wouldn't put "by writer coach" in the title at all, there is no need for that.  Even if you are trying to create a brand "Writer Coach" isn't much to work with.  Try a title like "Where do you start with writing romance" or "Can Romance Writing Get Easier Than This"  these types of titles will engage the curious as well as those that are actually searching for lessons in romance writing...  Good luck.

writingcoachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LivewithRichard, Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate that you took the time. Also, Izzy-I appreciate your time as well. The whole capusule procedure did not go as smoothly as I'd like-but I'm learning. Thank you. Gwen Hankins

3. kschang profile image89
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why not just say "How to Write a Romance Novel, Part 1, the outline"?

2. writingcoach profile image62
    writingcoachposted 4 years ago

Good question. I saved it but didn't publish it because I can't figure out how to get my profile pic and some of the capsules included in the page. *sigh*

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh well, you have one of those sorted now , I see smile

If you are having problems getting the capsules to work, you might want to check your browser. HP is optimized for Firefox, and also works well with Chrome.

I can't speak for the others.

Thanks, now I have to find the first post. I saved it.  It has to be here! lol

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Every book has to have exactly 14 chapters?  Seems... limiting.

No, every book does not have to be 14 chapters. A shorter romance novel will make it easier to cover topics for new writers. That was a good question. Thanks.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Whether 14 chapters is long or not depends on chapter length.  And how many chapters you need depends on the plot surely?  My novels have ranged from nine to fifty chapters and are all about the same length.

Psycheskinner-thanks for your post. Chapter length is something we will cover later. This hub is for beginning writers. I do appreciate your comments. So please keep coming back. Your contributions are helpful and relevant.

working