jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Adding a hub to Google Webmaster Tools

1. nick071438 profile image54
    nick071438posted 4 years ago

Can hubs from hubpages be submitted, added, registered to Google Webmaster Tools.  If yes, what is the main benefit?

2. LucidDreams profile image82
    LucidDreamsposted 4 years ago

I have never has success with it. Hopefully somone else can point you in the right direction. As far as I know Google webmaster tools will not allow you to do anything without verifiying the site. Can't see how you would do that here because we, as publishers, have no access to the sites source code. Not sure!

3. 0
    v1p3rposted 4 years ago
  4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

You can link your subdomain to WMT and gain insight as to how your hubs bring in traffic, and Google's view of your site.  There is a link in the learning center.  It's helpful.
    I check it weekly to see what's going on. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ster-Tools

1. nick071438 profile image54
      nick071438posted 4 years ago in reply to this

rebekahELLE, I consider your answer the best.  However, I have hereunder  a follow-up query.  Can't resolve it myself.  Thanks:

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you followed the advice and correctly linked your subdomain to webmaster tools then you should wait a few days in order for it to collect data.  If after a few days you do not see that your content has been indexed then log into webmaster tools, click on your site, click on Dashboard (left hand side), click on Health (under the Dashboard), click on Fetch as Google. 

This will allow you to request the Googlebot to see if it can crawl your site to find your URL.  You do not have to worry about title changes, it is the URL that is being searched for.