jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Zzzzzs are working really well

1. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 4 years ago

The whole "idle" thing worked really well, don't you think?

1. janderson99 profile image87
      janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be interesting to see the "FIXES" HP made on this graph for all the traffic declines (5 drops in 2012)
      Feb 13
      April 17
      June 4
      July 30
      Sept 27

2. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was a little worried myself when they tried the ZZZ's. It makes the site have less content. Half of these were hubs that had good quality, just not topics that got a lot of traffic.

3. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I could be wrong but to me it looks as if the idled hub did help a bit... Consider that the feature was introduced at the end of August and look on the graph... it looks to be an increase in traffic...very slight but still an increase.  Then there was an outage at the beginning of the month as that nosedive at the end of the graph indicates.

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

That is truly horrific!

I hope Hubpages administration reverses some of the disastrous changes made to this site recently!

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Hard to tell from your graph, but the cliff at the end appears to be Sept. 28, when HP was shut down for hours.  Since then it went back up (not as far as it was) and headed down again.

With two google updates and a known problem with HP as well.  How are you determining that it is mostly due to the ZZZ's?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
      EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I could be wrong, but I don't think lrohner was saying that the drop is mostly due to the zzz's - rather, it's that the zzz's haven't made a difference to the overall downward trend. Neither have the other HP "fixes" by the sounds of it.

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe I read more into the OP than was intended.

Now, I don't see that anything is making much difference unless the rise near the end of the graph was significant.  It doesn't appear to be, though.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
        Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Apparently some of the "other" HP fixes have caused the downhill swing according to the forum posts by HP staff.  They have admitted that the new Amazon Capsules as well as the new profile page caused a decline in traffic.  A brief search should provide you with that information.  As a result they have reverted back to the original Amazon capsules and deleted some of the links on the profile page. 

What is amazing is that this is linked to the Zzzzz's.  Because of the decisions and mistakes made by HP staff, our views dropped.  I know have various hubs that are idle due to the decline in traffic....due to decisions made by HP staff.  I am being penalized and expected to do "something" to these hubs to bring them off of "idle" status.  That I will not do. The next step for me, in regards to my idle hubs, is to simply move them from HP to another site once they are de-indexed from Google.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

One extra amazon link can't be the reason... You mean if I add an extra amazon capsule to a hub that was doing well it would tank?