jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Will my hub be penalized if I use the same summary and title?

1. Mellonyy profile image79
    Mellonyyposted 4 years ago

I used to put the same summary and title (small excerpts) to all my related hubs (and other sharing sites like RedGage etc.). Is this correct?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know for sure, but, just to be safe, I always change them just a little.

2. derek gulbranson profile image80
      derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

From a reader's perspective that seems duplicative and not helpful. The description is meant to be a 1-2 sentence blurb expanding on and clarifying the title, in case I wasn't quite sure what your title meant or hadn't yet been convinced your article is worth my time and attention. Repeating the same thing twice doesn't seem helpful, and might even make me start to wonder if you were a human being or not. So yes, where both the description and title are displayed I suspect you'd probably be penalized for that by the humans reading your duplicative description when deciding wether to read your Hub.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I may be wrong, but I think that Mellonyy meant that the same title and the same description was used in both HP and sites like RedGage. Not that the title was repeated in the description.

Mellonyyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's what I meant.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you clarify what you mean?

If you're using the same or similar titles across related Hubs (e.g. How to Groom Dogs:  Shampooing, How to Groom Dogs: Brushing, etc), Google doesn't like that and will penalize you for it.

Mellonyyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably, that answer the question"Why my Google traffic is down 60%".I used the same title and the same summary across my related Hubs.

working