jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Writing a "List" hub: Split into separate hubs or one very long hub?

1. SPomposello profile image81
    SPomposelloposted 4 years ago

If you're writing a "List" hub, like they "The 50 Best ________" or something to that extent that's really long, is it better (financially speaking) to put it all in one very long hub or split it into separate episodic hubs? Like one could be 41-50, the next 31-40, etc.

What is recommended?

1. peeples profile image90
      peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If it was me unless it was going to go over 1500 words I would keep it in one. My reasoning behind that is google searchers are usually looking to get all there info in one spot. I know if I have to click through a lot of pages to get what I want, I find it easier just to back out to google and click something else. If it was a different type of hub then maybe I would split it into multiple parts.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How many words?   If it works out at less than 1,500 words, keep it in one Hub.  Google doesn't like repetitive titles, so you'd run into trouble trying to title separate Hubs.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

One is better, but hopefully you won't have to explain each item on the list much.

I have seen other sites that make you click from one to another, so that you will get more page views, but the way HubPages is set up, each page is individually searchable, and while you can set it up so people see them in order, you really can't guarantee that they will start on page one.  Plus, they may get irritated, like I do, when the information is not all in one page.  I think it is greedy, and avoid sites that I know do that.

1. SPomposello profile image81
      SPomposelloposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm. These are some good points. Yeah I won't explain each item too much. Maybe a short paragraph plus a couple interesting facts for each but that's it.