jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How to add my Hub to Bing or Google map?

1. Arielqiao profile image60
    Arielqiaoposted 4 years ago

I am not so good at SEO, and I don't know much on getting traffic to my hubs. Now after I publish a hub, I submit it to some socialmark websites like Pinterest and Sbumbleupon, and some social networking websites like facebook. Then I learn from some hubbers that they use webmaster tool to get backlinks. When I search and log into it, why can't I add my hubs to the map? It says let me verify my site. How can I verify? Many thanks to all.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Google will automatically crawl and index your hub without any help, usually.

Webmaster tools are just for tracking errors and information about how your hub/site is going.

Backlinks are any links on the internet pointing to your hubs. You don't get them from webmaster tools.

What do you mean by map? Do you mean Google places?

1. thejeffriestube profile image83
      thejeffriestubeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think she means a sitemap, which isn't really required for HubPages.

1. Arielqiao profile image60
        Arielqiaoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes,that's what I mean. Thanks for your answers.

3. nightnight profile image87
    nightnightposted 4 years ago

Hi…. It's not needed but i think its worthwhile getting. You need to go to your account settings….. and then you should see the reporting settings. There is an option to add your affiliate code that google would have provided for you when you signed up to the affiliates.

In regards to a map you can add your rss feed, which if i get this right is:

Hope this works