jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Should I use an RSS capsule in each hub?

1. sergs_pogi profile image60
    sergs_pogiposted 4 years ago

I'm studying lately how to drive more traffic to my hubs, since I noticed my page views did not increase though I published more articles. So I study how to promote my hubs, and I went to RSS feeds. I now find out what my unique RSS feed is. Now I want to make the full use of this. Thanks.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I used the RSS feed on my hubs at one time, then there was discussion that it would show up duplicates in Google as the feed publishes part of the hub the feed is from.  You can vary the amount of hub text that is displayed at three levels I do believe.  I chose to simply take the feeds down.  I have not seen any conclusive evidence that they have helped hubs receive more views.  So rather than chance it being a "negative" in the eyes of Goggle, I made my choice to take them off.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That was my reaction, too, Dale.  I had one on every hub, but HP recommended they come off, others did the same, and I took them off.

That was about the time I began to see a slow rise in traffic - maybe it was a partial cause, maybe not.  In any case, I did NOT see any decrease from removing them.

2. rajan jolly profile image89
        rajan jollyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

sergs, I have been using RSS feed in all my hubs. I agree with Marisa that the feed has to be related to the hub topic. This can be done by assigning hubs to specific groups and using these group heads in the RSS feeds as well as in tags.
        When the RSS feeds are hub subject related it will not affect hub traffic negatively. I feel it may lead to increase in views of related hubs as the reader has the option of seeing these related hubs.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You cannot have "unrelated links" in a Hub.  That means you can't put your RSS feed in a Hub, unless all your Hubs are about the same subject. 

You can include a subject-specific RSS feed, which you can do by using a tag which is unique to you.  For instance, on all my Tribal belly dance Hubs, I use the tag "Triboz" and my feed is this: