jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon affiliate question

1. nightnight profile image87
    nightnightposted 4 years ago

Hi I was wondering how everyone ads their own affiliate link for amazon products. If I just add the ISBN into the amazon capsule, will i get the credit if there is a sale?

Just a bit worried that it isn't tracked?

Any ideas?

Thanks

1. livewithrichard profile image83
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you have configured your affiliate settings correctly in 'My Account' - 'Earnings' - 'Settings' then when you use an Amazon module your affiliate code is inserted and you will get credit when someone clicks through and purchases something from Amazon.

nightnightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok thanks for the reply. So you have to use the affiliate code not just the isbn number?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have to add the isbn (or URL) into the amazon capsule to make an add, but even if you do that you won't be credited if you have not filled out the configure section livewithrichard references. 

You don't put the affiliate code into the amazon capsule, just that section in "my account".  Once that is done HP takes care of seeing that you get the credit.

Makes sense now. i have filled out the affiliate code bit so its all good smile

Thanks for all your help

2. kathleenkat profile image89
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

I put the affiliate URL to the specific product from Amazon into the Amazon capsule. I also have the affiliate code set up in my accounts. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think so…. from what i understand you can either add the specific affiliate code from your associates account, or just add the ISBN number if you prefer. Hubpages tracks it either way apparently

1. livewithrichard profile image83
        livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you set up your affiliate code correctly here on HP then all you need to do when you edit an Amazon module is place in the url of the page the product is on, or the AISN found on that product page, or the ISBN found on that page.  You do not need to grab your complete Amazon affiliate code every time you add a product.  HP has set it up so all you have to do is add the above mentioned info and their system will auto attach your affiliate code to the product through the Amazon module.

When I edit an Amazon module I use the AISN unless it is a book then I use the ISBN.  I don't use the url.  Also, you can use the keyword option if you are promoting a broad range of similar products.

working