jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Getting more traffic to my hub page

1. Leah Kay, The Pup profile image75
    Leah Kay, The Pupposted 7 years ago

I'm trying to get more traffic to my hub page.  I have gone and registered to reddit & bravenet.  But I sure don't know how to work around thier webpages!!  I'm new to this and want to get more traffic going to Leah's web page-HELP!

2. tommen profile image82
    tommenposted 7 years ago

One thing you could do is build links pointing to your hubpage.Find related blogs, use free marketing forums and put the hubpage URL in your sig-file.Here is a link to a blog (not my own) that explains link building in-depth.

http://www.peterleehc.com/blog/work-fro … tarts-here

3. ANDR01D profile image96
    ANDR01Dposted 7 years ago

Another thing that works for sure is getting involved in online communities.I write fiction and submit it to archives with my e-mail and profile URLs in the PDF file.

I also post relevant topics in forums and I have a signature that advertises my profile. I have had some negative feedback as people called me pretentious and a few took some personal hits at me, but not at the actual content. But out of nearly a hundred people that visited my site within the first day, only four of these had bad things to say. So, it was worth it.

Jealousy makes you nasty, I suppose. All they really do is sit around in forums all day anyway.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You seem to be using HubPages like it's a blog and that's not what the platform was designed to do, so traffic may stay a problem for you unless you really work to drive it to your Hubs.

5. Leah Kay, The Pup profile image75
    Leah Kay, The Pupposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all of your help!!  I greatly appreciate it.

Isn't Hub like blogging?  I guess when it comes to things like this I'm totally in the dark! SORRY!!

I tried "blogging" and felt I got no where.  My focas is to write stories, around our traveling, but in our pups eyes, and how I think she sees life as it is.  It's to put a bit of humor and maybe a tear or two.  All thiat has been written on HUB is true and has happen thus far. 

How would you suggest I change my Hub?

Tommen; Thaks for the link, I'm going there now to do some reading and maybe learn a few things.