jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Forum Glitch oniPad2

1. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Within the past hour, I've been having a weird glitch in the screen appearance of individual forum threads, on my iPad2.

It began when I posted a comment. Even though the comment showed up, the screen displayed a message that the thread had not received traffic in two months, yada-yada-yada. (It's a brand-new thread, started today.)  In addition, all of the posts are spread out across the entire width of the screen (instead of having margins), but without having appropriately larger type-fonts. (In other words, it is not a matter of my having enlarged the onscreen appearance.)

After checking other threads, I have seen that they all appear the same way, but not the forum home page or other pages (Hubs, profiles), so far.

I don't know how to take a screenshot on the iPad; I can take a normal photo and send it, if that would help.

The "About" info says that I am using the latest version of Safari. I couldn't find which version of Adobe Flash I am using, but I think it needs to be updated (at least, that's what YouTube is telling me).

I signed out of HP and turned off the iPad. When I turned it back on, I cleared out the cookies.  I'm still having the problem, and I don't know how to get the right information to pass along to the engineers. Just tell me where to look, and I'll do my best. smile

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The site was not designed specifically with mobile browsers in mind, but we have tried to add a little support for both iOS and Android recently.

If you have any suggestions of features you would like to be added for iOS, please suggest them here:

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I am seeing the same thing on my normal platform. Looks like HP are making changes.

1. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Something like that!

There's another thread open about this, so I reported my own thread and asked for it to be closed, since it's a duplicate.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I hope they rethink the tiny avatars with no stats.

4. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Matthew, thanks for your reply. Yesterday, shortly after I opened this thread, I found the other one that I linked above. I reported this thread (to staff, using the Report button), and asked that this thread be closed, as I noted in a later comment. So far it hasn't been. I have done what I know to do to direct other Hubbers' attention to a better location for reporting similar problems.

Also, the problem that I mentioned was merely one that other Hubbers mentioned (unrelated to the iPad), when the new forum format was implemented. Apparently there were some temporary bugs that have been fixed since then. My problem has been resolved on the iPad. It was not actually an iPad problem after all.

But I will follow the link you provided if/when I come up with any suggestions for mobile devices. Not much chance of that, to be honest. smile

Closed to reply