jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

FIXED: Import and Edit Quote not working on forums

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

I can't get the "import and edit quote" feature to work at all.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just tested it.

The feature only works when in chronological view.
      Are you trying to use it in the other view?

Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I always use chronological view.  It wasn't working yesterday at all - and I can see something was wrong for others, too, because I wasn't seeing many quotes in posts, whereas I normally see a lot!  But it seems to be working fine today.

2. TamCor profile image79
    TamCorposted 4 years ago

It wasn't working yesterday, either...which is a pain if you're trying to reply to someone's post on a busy thread--no one knows who you're talking to if you aren't quick enough to post immediately after theirs, ugh.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Are you talking about this kind of quote?  It didn't work for me the first day, but it worked yesterday and now if this is what you're referring to.

Experimenting with your post!  Let's see if this works today.

Ah! yes, it wasn't working for me yesterday but it does seem to be working today.

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Okay rebekahELLE ..... What did you do to make that happen???

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HA! Do you know I never click on that import/edit link ever?  I copy and paste what I want to quote and add the formatting tags.   I must have been in threaded view that first day when it didn't work.

5. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I really have no idea what this is about and would really like to know smile

When you reply to a post on the forums, it automatically quotes the post you're replying to.

If that post is very long, that's not very user-friendly.   Far better to click the "import and edit quote" above the text box, then the quote will be visible in the text box, and you can edit out all the unnecessary bits.

Closed to reply

working