jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Who is the best rapper?

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 4 years ago

Who is the best rapper of all time?  I tackled this very debateful question in my newest hub.  Check it out and vote!

1. afmolinajr profile image80
      afmolinajrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

for me its eminem. smile

2. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

I would say Eminem too; what he does is like vocal gymnastics, with clever use of words, and great conceptual material. Unique and skillful rapper.

3. fpherj48 profile image80
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Hello Librah!!    I hope you have a healthy sense of humor........I'm a baby boomer....great grandmother....very conservative, traditional standards and all that bunk..........Rap??   My answer to your question as to WHO is the best rapper.......IMO, is one that has duct tape over his/her mouth!!!   OH, my head!!!!  LOL

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

King Kapisi

5. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Chuck D. from Public Enemy. He's still the man!!

1. spartucusjones profile image91
      spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I second Chuck D. If you really want to kick it old school I would also throw in Mellie Mel of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five or proto-rapper Gil Scott-Heron.

6. Backwater Sage profile image61
    Backwater Sageposted 4 years ago

Don't forget "Heavy D". I worked with emotionally disturbed adolescents. Somehow I got my hands on a bunch of videos that he and his associates (Queen Latifah, MDX) made. They were general knowledge, motivation, health and black history type productions that really helped me break the ice. This was way back in the day and they could rock a club, too.

An artist should contribute positively to the community. We all know the bad news by now.

7. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

Chris Wallace - Biggie Smalls

8. kathleenkat profile image89
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

I don't delve huge into the rap genre, but I'd like to point out a couple of female artists that can rap (well):

Nicki Minaj

Amy Heidemann from Karmin

Rapping is very difficult, especially doing it well. And not a lot of women (that I know of) do it. I especially appreciate how these artists can sing well, too. If any of you rap fans know of more female rappers, do share smile

9. Backwater Sage profile image61
    Backwater Sageposted 4 years ago

Does this guy count? Isn't rap about keeping it real?

10. aykianink profile image60
    aykianinkposted 4 years ago

That's easy.  I will tell you the top five rappers of ALL TIME.

5. Dailon.
    4. Dailon.
    3. Dailon.
    2. Dailon.
    1. Dailon.