jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Idiot query re adsense tracking...

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

Ok I have tried and tried and cannot seem to separate out my hubpages adsense stats.

I originally (I'm almost embarrassed to say this) gave adsense www.hubpages.com as the tracking url - and saw nothing useful.

I read a forum where it said to point adsense at my profile page so I gave them hubpages.com/profile/Julie-Ann Amos

and it says zero earnings but from a clever bit of mental arithmetic I can work out that's not right it's a fair bit more...

where am i going wrong please?  I know I don't have to add every hub to adsense.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Set up a URL channel for "hubpages.com", no www.

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

I did that, and it shows zero income since November... but by subtracting my other channels for my websites from the total payment, I know there was a substantial income "missing" which must be hubpages.  But it always shows as zero...

I just can't see why...

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

From your post you said you used "www.hubpages.com", but you need to use just "hubpages.com" since we don't use "www." at the beginning of our URLs.  It makes a difference, because google matches URL channels from left to write.  "hubpages.com" will match any URL on HubPages.  "www.hubpages.com" will not match anything.

You probably know this, but channels only measure data going forward from the point they are created.  So you won't be able to get December data from a channel you setup today.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago in reply to this

done.  And I had hubpages.com in from the beginning but it just didn't show so I RE-ENTERED it today to be safe.  Nada.

I'm guessing I must have a gremlin in my adsense account and can't be bothered to enter all the hubs one by one... (great suggestion Relache and I wish I'd thought of it at the beginning)

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I use the custom URL channels, which lets me enter the URL of each hub and I get to see what they individually earn.

1. gbrgn profile image82
      gbrgnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is cool. I forgot about this. So after I read your suggestion, I put each of my hubs in the custom URL page.  My visitors are increasing, so I really would like to know from which hub are people are clicking on the ads.

Thanks!

6. johnr54 profile image43
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

I just got the invitation to integrate Google Adsense tracking with my Analytics.  However, it requires that you add some additional code to the top of the page for the integration, which of course I can't do.

Are there plans to support the Adsense and Analytics integration within Hubpages?

John

working