jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

My very first hub is oddly my best

1. wymyczak66 profile image93
    wymyczak66posted 4 years ago

Has anyone else had this happen to them? My top two hubs as far as score and views are the first two I had ever written, back before I knew anything about keywords or ads. It almost seems as though the more knowledge I gain about increasing traffic and earnings, the worse I get  o.o

My only goal lately is to try to write another hub that does as well as my best hub, which is considerably better than all of my other hubs combined.

1. Seth Winter profile image85
      Seth Winterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Could it be that your first hub was the best topic? I write a variety of topics and I'd say my most recent (and best written) hubs get the least amount of views.  But that's the way it works sometime.

Ever hear of the Song Secret Agent Man? When that song was first released it was actually supposed to be just filler on an album for a song that the writer supposedly poured his heart and soul into...the public disliked the heart and soul song but Secret Agent Man was an instant hit.  That's the way it works sometimes.

2. Sapper profile image73
      Sapperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is actually a very good reason this happens. Despite what most people think, SEO isn't needed to rank. It's needed to rank faster, but if you ignore things like keyword density it will not only rank the same, and in some cases better, in the long run, but it will also be less affected when Google does their updates.

2. wymyczak66 profile image93
    wymyczak66posted 4 years ago

I think it is because I wrote about a very specific niche, and the 3 hubs I have in that niche are the best hubs I have, but that first hub still gets like 4 times the views of even those hubs, ha.