jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Format

1. carol7777 profile image85
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

I am going to write a series of hubs and the first two paragraphs for each one will be the  same. Is there a problem with that. It is necessary to understand each hub individually.

1. Rob Winters profile image77
      Rob Wintersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Carol.Depending on how long the paragraphs are they could get flagged for being duplicate content.Neither hubpages or google like pages to have identical content.There may be some way around this but I would try rewriting the intros for each one if possible or reference and link to the first hub which has the 2 paragraphs in question perhaps.Hopefully anyone of the hubs will be identifiable as part of a series and therefore people who find themselves on any one will work out where they should start and click on to the first in the series.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there will be a huge problem with that. 

As Rob says, you have a couple of solutions.

1.  Write an "introduction" Hub.  At the beginning of the other Hubs, provide a link to the "introduction" Hub for those who haven't read it yet.

2.  Reword the introduction, so it says the same thing each time but in different terminology.

One frustration you'll find with series is that navigation on HubPages isn't designed to encourage the reader to stay with the series, or find their way through it. If it's a big series, you should give some thought to putting it on your own blog instead, where you can make it easy for the reader to follow the thread.

2. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 4 years ago

I made the mistake of writing a series a while back and will not do it again.  I put so much work into the content.  It sat there for a very long time, with very little traffic.  It was a waste of my time and I won't make that mistake again.  I hope this will give you some food for thought carol.

1. carol7777 profile image85
      carol7777posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate the answer and it is truly helpful.  Perhaps explaining the series...It is about each zodiac sign teamed with a moon sign and how this affects the sun sign personality.  Way too much information to write in one hub.  I was going to do 24.. People will only want to pick and choose which ones to write.  However, I am glad I received so much help on this and will figure how to do it.