jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why can't I get any traffic from the search engine of Yahoo and Bing?

1. Arielqiao profile image60
    Arielqiaoposted 4 years ago

I often review the traffic source of my hubs. I find that I get some traffic from Google,but I can't get ant traffic from other search engine.Why? Do I need to submit my hubs to other search engines?

1. Sapper profile image74
      Sapperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You shouldn't have to submit to the other search engines, but it won't hurt. Don't expect a whole lot from Bing and Yahoo, Google is king when it comes to search engines at the moment. Bing/Yahoo combine for a little under 10% of my total search traffic, and less than 2% of my traffic in general. It's pretty close to that across all my sites, not just HubPages. As long as you are getting search traffic from somewhere, I really wouldn't worry too much about where it comes from.

1. Jamesdawn profile image61
        Jamesdawnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am agree with @Sapper. I have not get more trafic from other search engine like. Only google matter.

2. snoblet profile image91
      snobletposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For search engine traffic, I think google pretty much grab most of the cake on that.  I think everyone here probably have more traffic from google than yahoo/bing.

3. RyanBuda profile image91
      RyanBudaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google is king; no doubt about that. It tends to rank hubs faster than other search engines, but other search  engines have different methods and criteria for ranking their pagess. So I have found that most of my traffic from new hubs comes from google first and the largest volume of traffic also comes from them, that is, until the latest updates ruined me, but engines like yahoo and bing sometimes give me more if their criteria fits better with the make-up of my hub.

Also, I noticed that I began to receive more traffic from bing, ask and yahoo after I lost my Google traffic from the recent updates. Not enitrely sure what to make of that.

2. mattforte profile image90
    mattforteposted 4 years ago

Hoping for traffic from Bing or Yahoo is like hoping for visitors using dial up.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure how I get my other SE traffic. I do have my HP url in 'my yahoo' page though. I think it shows up on my messenger 'activity' or something. Not sure tongue sorry, wasn't much help.