jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)

No Comments...low number...3 Hubs !!! ?

1. brandynne profile image61
    brandynneposted 8 years ago

Greetings,

I have done 3 Hubs on 3 totally different subject matters. I think I have spaced the text and graphics decently and ' seems ' to look good, but no one is commenting anywhere on any of them, am I doing something wrong, or maybe the subject matter is not of interest ?

http://hubpages.com/profile/brandynne

LOL...any help is greatly appreciated.

Brandynne

1. BDazzler profile image84
      BDazzlerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

AEvens wrote an "Advice to New Hubbers" hub ... I highly recommend it. And welcome!

2. sschilke profile image80
    sschilkeposted 8 years ago

Give it time.  Read some other hubs, comment and people will return the favor by looking at your hub.   Comments, fans and views take time to accumlate.  Keep at it and things will pick up.

sschilke

3. WeddingConsultant profile image81
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

I'd agree with sschilke on this- get yourself involved and plugged in. Read other hubs, rate other hubs, chat with hubbers, etc.

When you do this, people will return the favor.

Not to worry, your popularity can only increase over time. We all started at the bottom at one point or another.

4. brandynne profile image61
    brandynneposted 8 years ago

Greetings,

Ok thanks. True...I have to make myself known to others otherwise I lower my chance of being noticed.
    Thanks !
    Brandynne

5. WeddingConsultant profile image81
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

You've already got some fans too smile

6. AEvans profile image69
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

You have me as a fan!! I loved your article and I am a fan!!smile

7. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 8 years ago

Well Brandynne, You do not have to worry about that.We all started that way only. When i joined HubPages I took around 15 days to put my first article. My page views in a day was 20-25 then. But the views started increasing as i added more articles, invited friends to join, put comments on other hubauthors articles and promoted my writing. Have'nt you heard the saying that "Rome is not built on a single day"?  Give yourself some time.

8. AEvans profile image69
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

BDazzler,
    Thanks for the recommend and Happy New Year!!!!

1. BDazzler profile image84
      BDazzlerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Julianna! Glad to do it! Happy New Year to you as well!

9. TKIMWRSVC profile image60
    TKIMWRSVCposted 8 years ago

2 months, 12 hubs, total of 8 comments. I would say not to worry about it personally.

10. AEvans profile image69
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

TKIMWRSVC: I read your articles and I am impressed I became a fan and commented, your articles a very deep. smile

11. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 8 years ago

Im not sure, I understand what everybody else read: Your hub on ventriloquism: is pasted from wikipedia, and openly referenced as such.

your hub on mmorpg, is a list of links !

What would someone comment on ?

I did enjoy your hub on laughter, I think you really just need to focus on more original content.

1. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I read the article on laughter and positive and negative , I appreciate originality myself. smile

12. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 8 years ago

I think you can do a lot with WoW if you really concentrate on the topic.  I have some video game articles myself, and considering the popularity of the game, you could type up just about anything and it would be useful.

Here are some examples:

Communities of WoW
    Tips and Strategies
    Your Life and WoW
    Couples who play WoW
    A complete list of items of WoW (if this isn't readily available).
    How to beat ____
    And so on....

I would try to find things that you have gathered about the game that other gamers might be interested in and not aware of.  Communities are interesting because people can gather together and talk shop (outside the game).  Tips and strategies is self explanatory, but I'm pretty sure that there are a dozen strategy guides out there.  Your life and WoW would be interesting because people like looking at how a game shapes their life, personality, relationships, etc. (positive or negative).

Just something to chew on...

13. TKIMWRSVC profile image60
    TKIMWRSVCposted 8 years ago

AEvans thank you so much for that as well. I appreciate you taking that time too like I said.

1. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not a problem at all, as I sincerely love helping others and remember the ones that did the same for me. I also tend to make my rounds and read my fans articles, so you may not see constant articles as I give back and appreciate what others do for me.smile

working