jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Followers Disappearing!

1. Thomas Swan profile image92
    Thomas Swanposted 4 years ago

Is hubpages in the process of deleting a number of accounts? Or perhaps people are moving to other writing platforms? Either way I am losing some followers (about 4 in the last few days). I can't be sure, but I don't think it's people that have just decided to stop following me, because the number that I am following has decreased too.

1. 0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My numbers are fluctuating too. Both the numbers of followers and the number of following have gone down by a couple. I think your speculation of it being accounts not being active sounds reasonable to me. I just checked and one hubber following me was banned. Pavlo's reason sounds plausible, too.

2. Robie Benve profile image94
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tell me about it! I was looking forward to reach 200 followers for weeks, and it kept creeping up to 199, then lose a few, then up again. I eventually got there last week. : )
      I thought the same thing about some people getting banned and disappearing from the site, even if I did not look into it too much.

2. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image72
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 4 years ago

Very often people follow you just hoping that you follow them too. May be that is the reason... I also have number of followers moving here and there and do not regret too much if someone desides to unfollow me.

3. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 4 years ago

Wow, this is very strange you mention this because it has been happening to me too. I thought it was just a coincidence, but perhaps it is not because I seen a few accounts banned or gone or something.

4. moonlake profile image87
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

I have been noticing this for awhile now. In two days I had about 20 follow me. I thought that was strange and I checked on some of them most had not started a hub. Each day I would have 2, 3 or 4 followers stop following me. I can’t figure it out. I understand that some stop following if I don’t follow back but this is just different.The fluctuation is just more than it should be.

5. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

There are a lot of sockpuppets floating around at the moment. smile

6. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

I wonder about those visitors from another writing site who came here to get folks to go to that site. They had no hubs.