jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Video Hub Upload from PC

1. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I am assuming if I  already loaded on youTube that by uploading  same from PC would be duplicate content?

2. grand old lady profile image87
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Do you have any idea how that sentence structure comes across to someone who is less computer savvy?

3. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 4 years ago

As far as I know, the duplicate content issue applies only to text. It doesn't apply to photos or videos - I know it doesn't apply to photos otherwise all those hubs with copied photos from Flickr, etc., would be flagged. I'm sure it doesn't apply to videos either.

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just to clarify - I',m talking only about legally used videos like yours and legally available photos from wherever. Illegally used ones may be flagged, not by the system, which (I assume) can't detect image and video duplicates, but by the image/video owners.

4. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 4 years ago

I believe to make it safer you can always embed it from the video option on youtube since you already have the video there.

5. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I'm going to just embed it. I also want it on exposureroom.com because it's in 640x480 of a nice sunset down to a few seconds.  Boy oh boy, I love doing sunsets on top of mountains. Too bad one of the better ones was done in 320x200 because a storm was moving in and I caught two bolts of lightening  on it (sigh) oh well - it must've been an omen of the mountain top wedding that was going on about 40 feet away from me.

Anybody who wants to try it out, I use avidmux - but don't use the blend option, it sucks. Anybody who has a better video editor out there - let me know.  I used to have a video editor that was able to pan & zoom across a static picture and I forgot which one it is. I want to use that type of feature because it is so hard to pan a movie camera on a tripod with a smooth even motion.  I tried  and it is not very good.

I have a cheap tripod that is all hand done and can't afford one of those fancy $900 tripods. On of the very best movie that I saw was this guy who used the stop action photo of a tripod on some type of rail. It was awesome - it was like a plane flying over the land, but the land was up close strange and odd formations found in the desert.

One day when hubpages starts paying big-time, I'm gonna get me a digital SLR and a rail mounted tripod. 

Hubpages paying me that kind of money?

Woof! Woof!

6. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Work still in progress but I'm going to write about how my dog jumped over a low stone wall to his death except for the halter harness that saved his life. This all happened the day I was going to do my sunset at Massai Point.

This is where he jumped. Oh BTW, found out later dogs banned from the place - I can now know why:

I feel like that South Park show where all of Paris Hilton's dogs kill themselves.