jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)

To A Proud Father Born...

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image78
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

At 11:04pm on the 11th October 2012 my darling daughter was born in an unplanned home birth (We were booked in our local Birthing Centre in the hospital in our district). Due to the speed of the labour and of the imminent birth, I myself ended up at the 'business end' and delivered my daughter whilst on the phone to emergency services.

An ambulance arrived 5 minutes later and checked out mother and daughter both doing fantastically.

Its been a week I know since sending this post, but I am still trying to catch my breath with it all.

1. ytbot1x profile image61
      ytbot1xposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Kangaroo! It's indeed a great news! It's a miracle, and evidently God's grace. How about discussing the news in the 'Religion and Philosophy' forum? We can debunk the atheists by sharing a living proof that God exists, and He cares for all.

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks yt,

Thanks for the offer but since this is already wonderful news, it fits in fine right here.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image83
      CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well done! I am just imagining the problems of manouvering a baby into the world and hanging onto the phone at the same time.

At least you will be trained for the next one- or is it a bit soon to think of it-

Well done to you all

Fortunately, with the ability of speakerphone I didn't have to hold the phone and deliver at the same time.

It's given us insight into possibly a planned home birth for the next time smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Congrats. Now you can claim 50% of the hard work involved as well. big_smile

Appreciate it Mark,
        Once we got to hospital I did receive a bit of gentle ribbing from the local midwives asking me to help them out with 'deliveries' in the future.

That 50% has also automatically become assumed big_smile

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations... good for you for coming through.

Thanks UW

5. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, congratulations!  What wonderful news and what a terrific (and momentarily terrifying) experience!  I hope you're all very happy and that Mommy and Baby are VERY healthy!  Great job, Daddy!

big_smile

MTC thankyou very much,

Actually being at home and in a position to deliveer my darling daughter was the best and most amazing expoerience of my life.

It was not terrififying in the least. It was awesome that my partner had a trouble free labour and birth big_smile

1. 0
          Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How beautiful!  It's an amazing thing to witness, but to participate in the way you did will give you a bond with your partner and daughter that few men are blessed with. 

big_smile

2. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 4 years ago

Congratulations! big_smile

What a wonderful story to have to tell in the future years to come, and what a wonderful memory to have, too!

What did you name your daughter?  Sorry--I'm nosy--but I love baby news, lol...

Thanks TC,

Unfortunately I am keeping mom on the name of my partner and daughter for privacy reasons.

3. tasteofindia profile image64
    tasteofindiaposted 4 years ago

Congratulations on the arrival of your little angel. May God bless your child with all his love, care and happiness:)

Thankyou, child is certainly one blessed with much love.

4. sgbrown profile image93
    sgbrownposted 4 years ago

Congratulations Daddy!  How wonderful that you we there to deliver your beautiful daughter.  That is an experience that you will always treasure!  Good job!  smile

Thankyou sgbrown,

It is an experience I shall always cherish.

5. justateacher profile image85
    justateacherposted 4 years ago

Congrats on delivering your baby girl! What a story to tell her when she is older! 25 years ago on that same day, my youngest daughter was born! Enjoy her - the time flies by!

Thankyou,

Time has flown it seems as she is nearing two weeks as I write this...

She will come to not wanting me to tell her story to others as she will complain she has heard it 1000 times. But its always worth telling big_smile

6. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

HUGE congrats, KJ!  Wow... that's quite a story.  If it was the second or subsequent baby I'm not too surprised by the quick exit.  But, if it was the first then WOW!  That must've been scary for both of you...  I would have been mighty freaked out to have my hubby deliver one of ours.  Hats off to you and your wife.  Glad to hear everyone is doing so well...  I'm sure you're pretty darn sleep deprived at the moment.  Enjoy and congrats!

Hey Wordscribe,

My partner and I prepared with much information and education and attended many classes that we found was inspiring and put us into a position of an extremely calm and positive birth experience - even an unplanned home birth!

That's the great aspect though, throughout the whole labour, scary or terrifying didn't come into it. It was an exhilarating experience. My partner wasn't scared or frightened either big_smile

working