jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Comments' time/date stamp

1. ParadigmShift... profile image81
    ParadigmShift...posted 7 years ago

I know all the true writers on Hubpages love to get feedback on their hubs. But I find that sometimes, even if I really enjoy a particular hub, if I get to the comments section and all the comments so far say "8 months ago" I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. At least as far as leaving feedback goes. But I know on my own hubs I would still love to receive comments no matter how old the hub.

Is the time/date stamp really neccessary? Does anyone else feel this way?

2. ParadigmShift... profile image81

Well apparently not. Well, was worth asking.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I find it as the only indication of how long a hub has been around. So I like it.

4. ParadigmShift... profile image81

Actually, that's exactly what my issue is. It dates the hub, which may or may not discourage the person reading it from leaving a comment.

Let's say you read a hub, and when you get to the comments, the last comment says something like "5 months ago". You might think to yourself, "this hub hasn't been discussed for months", that it isn't "active" (for lack of a better term). And you might feel less inclined to leave a comment, or that if you do, there will be no response.

But maybe it's just me. I guess I just like to know that I might get a response from the person who published it. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same and if the date/time stamp is really necessary and what purpose does it serve?

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering about finding hubs by a date function.

2. Whitney05 profile image68
      Whitney05posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That actually makes since... I can see where it may discourage unregistered users who found the hub from a search engine or other source from posting a comment. They may think that there hasn't been any activity to the page in months, so why post a question since no one will probably answer.

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Actually I wish there was a date for the hub itself, so when I'm reading something I know what the context in which it was written was. If I feel I have something to say about it, I will leave a comment regardless.