jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are your hubs risiing due to "aging" alone in Google over time?

1. Doodlehead profile image82
    Doodleheadposted 4 years ago

Have your hubs become more popular simply due to "aging" in Google?
    Can you tell?

2. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 4 years ago

Not all hubs rise thats why I like the zzz feature.  The only hubs or articles that rise and keep rising is the ones with original ideas that is not found on the web.

Example:  On ehow I wrote an article on how to raise night crawlers about 5 or 6 years ago.  The only article on worms was Uncle Ben's Red Wigglers which is a website.

I didn't get much traffic at all the first year.  The 2 nd year my traffic rose with no earnings the 3rd it flourished.  I almost had to pay taxes just because of that one article.

I wished I would have never sold that article but now that I think about it.  If I would have moved my article I would have lost 100s of thousand of organic links anyways.

I have 1 hub that keeps getting the zzz no matter how many time I edited it and practically rewrote it.  It never get traffic not because of it being porely written but the topic is extremely over saturated and since Google goes by how many people link to your article or hub you could never get the organic links to even be seen on search.

1. Doodlehead profile image82
      Doodleheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tamron-this is VERY INSIGHTFUL.   Thank you so much.  Wow. So you sold the article, huh?   That must mean there is a big future for your article....they wanted it and it went exponential.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

...and that's why I'm concerned about the zzz feature, Tamron.  It's likely that article would've been zzz'd on HubPages before the end of that first year, and that would have prevented it flying in the second and third years.

3. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

I had Hubs that were doing better as they aged, until the latest HP changes. Then have been on a downward spiral ever since, especially with Google. I kept these hubs refreshed and up to date, but Google now stays away as Yahoo and Bing have increased.
    Taking advice from other hubbers, I am now looking at web hosting to move these hubs when I figure out how to build my own site. lol Lot of work!

1. tamron profile image59
      tamronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Building your own site or blog takes a lot of work not only that but you have to make your blog template search friendly and that takes adding tags and code.  Also be aware it takes about 6 mnths before you even start to earn.

I am saying don't just jump off the ban wagon and move your hubs to a blog you will be sorry.  You are better off leaving your hubs here and writing new content for your blog then cross link them so you get traffic both ways.