jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Repeated forum postings

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

Is there some way to limit the people who use the forums to repeatedly start argumentative forum threads on topics like poitics and religion? Or to have those topics viewed as optional? It lends an ugly and harsh light on HP when we open the forums and see over and over again ugly, argumentative forum thread titles on these two topics. The postings are usually by a small group of people, but they seem to not only dominate the forums, but to also give them a very unpleasant feel. Some of them post new threads on these two topics multiple times per day!  And some of them have zero hubs. Why can they dominate the forums with such active negativity on a daily basis when they don't even write? If they were checked, it might even be found that some of them aren't reading hubs either, but are simply acting as trolls in the forums.

1. ptosis profile image79
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Because is give Hubpages net activity? And they zero hubs because they were previously banned?

There is no use feeding these trolls but there is always somebody who will post to the thread keeping them alive.

2. 60
      waqqqqqposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Healthy Pursuits, this is not the first time you've harped on the 0 hubs thing. I think you know very well that the 'usual suspects' DO write here, just under different accounts.  The 0 hubs thing is a weak platform from which to make the case that these people should be censored.  A more compelling reason is the simply the nature of the threads themselves. 

Take 'Jomine' who started a new thread to vaguely call someone a moron for statements made in a different thread.  Jomine has written hubs and yet that thread is more idiotic than anything started by a 0-hubber.

It has been suggested in the past that HP simply make these threads less visible on the forums page.  I think that's a good idea.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure I agree.

Why would anyone create a second, Hubless account to post on the forums?   I can see no good reason for doing so.  If you believe in your opinions then you should be willing to post as your main identity, surely.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

waqqqqq, I do not harp. I occasionally play the banjo - and the harmonica if I'm stuck on the side of the highway for longer than a half hour - but I do NOT harp.

Besides, how would you know what I do or don't do, when the account you're using was only started 5 days ago?