jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Copied hubs

1. Peggy W profile image90
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

Why has that disappeared when I go to "my account" to check for broken links, etc?  Will HubPages still inform us if one of our hubs has been copied?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

(at least) Three of my hubs are currently copied-- but I don't see the 'c' symbol in the key at the bottom

Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is what sparked this query.  I am wondering if we will still be informed by HP if our hubs are being copied or if they have given up and want us to police our own hubs.  Many of us do not have the expertise or time to do it once we have hundreds of hubs.  I am hoping that they will still notify us.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I thought that HP only checks now and again. It's not a regular service though, maybe it should be and maybe the answer to our traffic dip?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I doubt it has anything to do with our traffic dip, since only a handful of Hubbers had the feature anyway (HubPages have said they only check high-traffic Hubbers). 

Jason did explain it's expensive for HubPages to do the checks, which is why it's so infrequent and limited.

Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If that is the case, I guess I went from being a high traffic hubber to not being one.  My traffic has definitely tanked compared to the past.  So now what?  Is there an easy, inexpensive way to check to see if our hubs have not been stolen without eating up too much of our available time?

1. StandingJaguar profile image93
          StandingJaguarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Someone suggested in a similar Q&A to google a couple sentences from your hub. Your hub should be the top (or close to it) result, with no other exact matches showing up.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I use Copyscape.    It's not that expensive, really - so long as you don't get obsessive about using it!   I run it about once every three or four months.

3. Candie V profile image68
          Candie Vposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Peggy!  I thought I'd lost my mind!  My traffic went "pffft" this month!  OY!  Glad to hear it's a common issue! Any idea what's up?  (Sorry off topic here.. my bad!)

3. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Create a Google alert for certain phrases or words from your text.  It works well with a small typo purposely inserted, even a double period (..) or anything else out of the ordinary that will automatically trigger the alert and send you an email.

http://www.google.com/alerts

1. StandingJaguar profile image93
      StandingJaguarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nice. Never knew about Google alerts. Thanks!

4. Pamela99 profile image85
    Pamela99posted 4 years ago

I am glad to hear this information as my traffic has also diminished.

working