jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

More Referral Tracker Questions

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I read in the other thread (which I now cannot find), about how referral trackers work.

Now, are they only for off-site use, such as on Face Book, Twitter, etc?  Or should you use those as well if you are linking to someone else's hub from one of yours on a related topic?

1. vocalcoach profile image94
      vocalcoachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If I have it correct, when you link to someone else's hub from one of yours, your tracker code is automatically included. Having said this, it obviously isn't a referral tracker, but one that indicates you are linking to their hub.  Hope this makes sense:)

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I recall Paul Deeds saying that they were intended for off-site use only.   That's why they are not automatically added when you link to someone else's Hub.

However, using them within Hubs is not "illegal" by any means, and in the early days of HubPages, it was definitely normal practice.  It seems silly not to use them, because you never know when someone might be inspired to sign up while viewing one of your Hubs.

2. Blond Logic profile image89
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

I also put up a question regarding referral trackers a couple days ago and had no answer. I wanted to know if they are added in to your daily view count. Any ideas? I can see the total I have but not sure the money I have made from them.
    I am sorry to add this on to yours but my question seems to have been buried.