jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Ads Disabled

1. HoneyBB profile image88
    HoneyBBposted 4 years ago

Can I request someone to look at my article and advise me if there is something I can omit to make it ad friendly? It's on Domestic Violence so maybe that's why.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had one that has ads disabled because I wrote about defining hate crimes and hate groups. It kind of ticked me off because there are plenty of Hubs here about serial killers that still have ads on them, but it's just the way it works. If you write about violence or any other subject that HP doesn't consider ad friendly, you can have ads removed on your Hub without warning. If it was moderated by a filter and not a person (it should tell you that "advertising has been disabled on this Hub based on automatic content filters"), you can write to HP support and ask them to look at it. That doesn't guarantee they'll reverse the decision, but you can always try.

1. HoneyBB profile image88
        HoneyBBposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Georgie, Your advice is very helpful and I will look into it. Your time is much appreciated!

2. fpherj48 profile image80
      fpherj48posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Honey...I just read that particular hub of yours, only this morning.  I found it absolutely fabulous.  But, I am a reader......not involved with the ad-portion of things around here.  I have one hub that has had disabled ads since day one..   I requested an explanation and received a fairly general one.  Nothing specific.....I edited what I felt would change the situation, sent my notice on....but nothing ever changed.  Of course, this hub with the disabled ads is MY HUB WITH THE MOST TRAFFIC OF ALL OTHERS.  Basically, I conceded and just live with it.  Don't fret or let this get you down.... it's difficult for any of us to know and adhere to every single minute specific there is.......I write for the JOY of it.  I can't let anything ruin that for me.    However, if writing is your livlihood, there is much more reason to be concerned and want answers.   In your account summary...if you go into edit mode.... read the NOTICE above your hub....if you haven't already.  This might help you.   Good luck!!
      Your hub is absolutely wonderful.....relax.

3. Hyphenbird profile image95
      Hyphenbirdposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello HoneyBB. I have four Hubs with ads disabled. As fpherj48 said, one of mine also is my most visited Hubs with over 17,000 views. It is about a little girl who survived child abuse. Ads were disabled based on moderator review so it is not likely to change. But the subject matter is so important that I am glad it is helping people be aware of child abuse. I will visit your Hub and wish you the very best. Thanks, HB.

2. HoneyBB profile image88
    HoneyBBposted 4 years ago

Thank you once again, you are so amazingly helpful to me all the time! I'm not really that concerned about it but I just want to learn the ropes so when something comes up, I ask, so I know in case it happens again in the future. Thanks for your advice! You're the best!