jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Feedback for my first hub please?

1. 0
    jacobbarnardposted 4 years ago

I have just created my first proper hub and i am looking for some critical feedback please

Here's the hub :

http://jacobbarnard.hubpages.com/hub/Do … roid-phone

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it is far too short.

It does seem to answer the question asked in the title, but you could pull in a lot more keywords by expanding your answer.

Maybe add a youtube video or two as well?

1. 0
        jacobbarnardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I added as much information as i could, Couldn't really find much more and maybe can it be any video or do i have to make it my self?

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It can be any video, if you find someone on Youtube has made a video that covers your points, use it. If not, you can make your own.
          A video is not compulsory, but as someone else said, it lengthens your hub and keeps people on it for longer.

While it is true that short, sweet and to the point hubs can do well, most don't simply because they don't reach their target audience.

The more words you put on the page, the more chances there are that Google will send searchers.

Use keywords, synonyms of keywords, and add in the extra info agilitymarch suggested.

I would also add all extra stuff below the fold.

What you have written so far will answer the searcher's query which is the whole idea of course. Now if you expand it, you are answering more related queries within the body of the hub which will keep the interested reader on the page, even without a video.

I would aim for around 500 words, but make them count.

2. agilitymach profile image98
      agilitymachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  It is too short.  The organization of the hub is also not as good as it could be.  You may want to start by explaining that phones can get viruses just like computers and then go into how those viruses are spread.  Finally, end with what to do to avoid virus attacks.  Also, there is nothing here saying what to do if you get a virus.  That will help lengthen the hub.

Also, there are spelling and grammar issues throughout.

I use lots of videos in my hubs for a few reasons.  One, they keep the reader viewing my hubs longer.  Two, they help "explain" the hub topic better.  For instance, my hub on "Dog Agility for the First Time Spectator" has two videos as agility is very hard to explain with words and pictures only.  I also have videos with my hub "Top 10 Things to do to Keep a Long Term Organ Transplant" that are there to illustrate the "Don't Just Live, LIVE" section and at the end to show a recovering transplant patient returning to "normal" life.  The videos I use are my own.  I don't link videos that I haven't created and are not allowed on youtube. smile  The one to illustrate the "Don't Just Live, LIVE" section was created in part just for this hub.

2. isenhower33 profile image60
    isenhower33posted 4 years ago

It depends, sometimes short and sweet is better. As long as you have a good summary then I think you're ok on it. A youtube video would help, but when im asked this type of stuff about software and antivirus protection sometimes its best to be short and sweet with it because most people that will read it off google dont want to read a three page artice on what one they should choose. Maybe a little bit longer but i'd keep it like that for now, use some more optimization in your words and you'll do fine i believe smile

1. 0
      jacobbarnardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Alright thank you smile i will improve the summary it's pretty basic at the minute.