How do I get paid for Amazon products that I am referring people to?

1. jaybird22 profile image86
    jaybird22posted 3 years ago

I am a registered Amazon Associate.  I have yet to figure out how to post products onto my Hubs without copying the URL from the Amazon product page and then pasting it to my hub. So it will show the correct product on my hubs and refer people to the correct Amazon page when they click on my featured products.  But how am I getting paid if someone (that I refer from one of my hubs) purchases the product I had listed on my hub if my hubs URL isn't embedded with my Amazon Associate number???

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you have entered your Amazon affiliate code correctly into the box under Stats, Earnings, then all you have to do is open an Amazon capsule and paste the url of the page you want to link to into the space in the box where it asks for the Amazon code or url.

The url in that case will have your affiliate code, but remember that your code will only be on it on your 60% of the time, and HPs on the other 40%. This means that even if one of your friends buys through this link, you may not receive commission if it was during HP's share of the time, and not yours.

You can always add a textual link to the product.

Open a text capsule in edit mode, and click on html at the top far left.

Paste in the html from Amazon, then click on the 'clean up html' button.

Voila! You have a link to Amazon,complete with your affiliate code.