One of My Hubs Is Driving Me Nuts!

1. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I have one hub that actually does quite well traffic-wise, but it is driving me nuts!!   It was ages ago that I bought something from an infomercial (highly unusual for me).  Because I had done this "shocking" and uncharacteristic thing,  and because the product was new, I thought it would be helpful to "the world" if I wrote a hub (review type of thing about it).  The product was pretty good.  The customer service left much to be desired.  That's what I wrote about.

Well, this thing has tons of comments; and much of the time people ask questions; and if I know the answer or have something else to share, I'll respond to their comments.  It's a long stretch of comments, but I keep having people accuse me of working for the company!! 

On the one hand, I don't care who thinks what.  On the other, these people are so arrogant and sure of themselves in their INCORRECT belief that I'm being paid by the company, it irks the heck out of me!   I've taken a shot at trying to convince a few of them, but how do you do that.  I don't know why I've even tried, other than wanting them to know how wrong they are and how ridiculous they look to me, in view of the fact that the foolish hub was nothing but a little hub about a little product.

I suppose I have the "thing" that the hub won't be viewed as either credible or helpful if people start to think I'm being paid by the company; or else it just really bothers me to have my integrity "attacked" (particularly on my own hub).  I have another hub that seems to have brought a lot "hate" comments (people calling me all kinds of names), but that one doesn't bother me.  It's this one - the one that has people accusing me of lying about working for the company.

I don't even know why I'm posting this (frustration, I guess).  Maybe I need a "support group"?  smile    Anyway, do other people have this kind of thing?  Do people just ignore such stuff?  I realize I don't have to approve such comments, but I want all (clean) comments posted in the interest of "integrity".    I don't mind being called "crazy" or whatever else (on that other hub I mentioned), but this thing about telling readers "wake up - she obviously works for the company" really irks the heck out of me!!

2. grumpyjacksa profile image61
    grumpyjacksaposted 7 years ago

There is a saying.....

You can't impress the uninformed.......