jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

A Site Copying Lots Of My Hubs & Other People's As Well

1. andyoz profile image85
    andyozposted 3 years ago

I have noticed a site that seems to be copying lots of my Hubs.  I am a little confused as to what this site actually does or is, it seems to be something connected to Twitter. Basically though quite a few of my recent Hubs are showing up on there with a large chunk of my text and then a link to my article here on Hubpages. The most annoying thing is that the site is now out ranking me for most of my search terms.  It's not just on this account I also have another Hubpages account and my Hubs there are also appearing.

I have noticed that the guy has a whole list of Hubs where he has used the first paragraph to lead into the page.  But this site is stealing traffic away from me and other hubbers.  Can someone who knows a little bit more about this kind of thing possibly take a look and give me some advice.

If you go to http://www.twylah.com/WriterSC you can see the main page.  On the right there is the list of Hubpages artciles he is robbing. Click on one and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

2. andyoz profile image85
    andyozposted 3 years ago

Ok I notice a few other threads about this site. People seem to be saying not to worry about it as it's a free link. I completely disagree with this however. Google are ranting on about how they hate cheap links, they are punishing sites that put links out that have no worth. They are also getting super strict on duplicate content.

This guy is putting out hundreds of links to Hubpages articles everyday. They are cheap worthless links that can only hurt this site. I can't find some of my Hubs in the SERPS whereas the page this site is linking from is right up near the top. He is stealing my traffic and yours and will be damaging Hubpages as a whole. The reality is he is only publishing the first paragraph of our Hubs, but that is still dup content. Google could well be seeing that, assuming he is the author and then discrediting our page.  This may lead to our entire subdomain here on Hubpages gettig slapped.

For those people who have said 'it's a free link, don't worry', you need to realise this is not true at all. This guy is copying hundreds and hundreds of our Hubs and no doubt bringing in massive amounts of page views by doing so, making him a tidy sum no doubt. This needs to be addressed as it could be one of the factors that is slowly killing Hubpages.

3. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

First of all, your Hub is not being copied, just a very short excerpt.  This is allowed by current U.S. copyright law.  The link he is giving your article is a followed link and actually benefits you because it is coming from a site with a higher Google PageRank than your own article. (See my Hub, 'What is Seo?')

However, if you are really offended by what he is doing, you can do 2 things:

1.  Go into your Webmaster Tools account and delete your acceptance of this link.  (This won't remove his link, but will tell Google that you don't want this link used in evaluating the PageRank for your webpage because you think it is spammy.)  Google will do that.

2.  Read the information on my new Hub which tells you who to contact to get the site owner to completely remove your information:

1. andyoz profile image85
      andyozposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply. I think what really winds me up is that this guy is profiting of mine and other Hubbers hard work.

Your article about SEO is a very good one but Google have moved the goal posts since you posted this. I seriously doubt that a link from this kind of page would help my site or anyone elses for that matter, it's just a fancy kind of spam.