jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Rising Star Award - Four Changes That Would Reduce The Number Of Peopl

1. HoneyBB profile image85
    HoneyBBposted 4 years ago

How come my Rising Star Award nominated hub continues to drop in visits? I thought being nominated meant more people would read it.  How come less people are reading it?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The award will typically result in a large number of HubPages readers, but very few from search engines.  As the hub is removed from the display of other hubs receiving the same award the readers from HP will drop off. 

It will take time to collect google search engine visits.  Weeks, months, perhaps years before the hub's full potential is reached.  If a hub is going to perform well, it will usually see decent traffic in six months or so, but even that is extremely variable.  Patience, HoneyBB - you have built it and they will come.  In the meantime, keep building ever more hubs.

HoneyBBposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for taking your time to reply, The thing is I haven't won the award; I have only been nominated and voting ends tomorrow. If I'm not getting any traffic that means I'm not getting any votes either and I'm not quite sure how to get people to vote for me as I don't have many followers and even those I cannot sent one message to all.

2. Jamie Brock profile image94
      Jamie Brockposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi..I'm not sure why the views would be decreasing but I would love to go read your hub and vote smile  I checked the most recent newsletter and didn't see it in there.  Which of your hubs was nominated? I tried to look through them and guess I missed it. Let me know!

Thank you, Jamie,
        My hub is called Four Changes That Would Reduce The Number of People Living In Poverty Exponentially. It is under the Politics and Social Issues category. It should pop up on the left hand side of the page with a box containing all six nominees.  Thank you for your time and for your vote.

1. Jamie Brock profile image94
          Jamie Brockposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just went back to comment again.. I didn't know that was the hub you were nominated for when I commented.  Rising Star, yes, you are smile  I really appreciate you taking the time to write it.. everything you wrote is right on!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The title probably gets cut off in Google. 60 characters is the optimal length of a title.

Thank you, I was wondering what effect a title that long would have. Thanks for letting me know. I will try to shorten it.

working