jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How do You Switch to Bing

1. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I thought you can switch from your browser I have Firefox.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bing is a search engine like Google, not  browser like Firefox.

2. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not sure how to change the Default on firefox (will reseach at home tonight) - but probably similar to IE - there's a drop down arrow nect to the search - and you can select 'Change Search Defaults'.

2. A Troubled Man profile image60
    A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago
      tamronposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey thinks for the link.  I did the Google vs Bing Challenge and Bing won so I am changing to Bing.  If I can figure out how to make that as my default setting.

1. jacharless profile image82
        jacharlessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Tam,

if using Firefox, you have three options:

Preferences >> Homepage, just type in bing.com and close the pane.
        In the toolbar, click the G icon and a list will drop down with search options. If bing does not show on the list, select: Manage Search Engines and click the link to ad more engines  [ https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search-tools/ ] and download the add-on for Bing search. Restart your browser and click the icon again. Scroll to Bing and it sets automatically as your default search provider.

PS, I made the switch to Bing also and am loving it. I also use Go Duck Go.

tamronposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi James
          I am switching too!  I took the challenge and Bing won.  Taking the challenge helped me to make the change because you can see both Bing and Google result on the page.  You are asked which one you like better or you can pick undecided.  I picked Bing 4 out of 5 times one undecided.

I love the features.  I like to be able to choose what I want to see in search like for example I am looking for videos for my hub.  I can choose to just show videos on Bing Search results.

3. isenhower33 profile image60
    isenhower33posted 3 years ago

Google Chrome is better in my opinion than Firefox being they both are actual website browsers. You can set bing as a homepage but if you are wanting a better Browser I would go with Google Chrome.