jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Tying Hubs Together

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

If there is a topic which is most sensibly covered in a 'part one' and 'part two' in separate hubs, so that one hub is not interminably lengthy, is there a way to 'tie' them to each other, so that they stay together as sequential in the list of hubs under "my account?"
    If not, that would be a good thing to be able to add.....

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree, but I'm pessimistic about it happening.  If you look at HubPages' navigation, it's designed to tempt  readers to browse broadly across the whole site, not to stay within the same account - let alone follow our Hubs in any sort of sequence.

All the recent changes (downsizing the author link at the top of Hubs; making readers scroll past related Hubs before the Comments box; removal of the in-profile search box; addition of related Hubs in our profiles) are clearly designed with that aim in mind.  So I can't see HubPages creating a feature which went against that trend.

However, considering that very few of your readers will be following your Hubs via your profile, the most important thing is to have a prominent link between the two Hubs within the Hubs themselves.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Thanks, Marisa,  I believe I already do have the two hubs linked that way, and today, I added some links to another hubber's related information that was more technical than what I covered.

3. MsDora profile image92
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

Thanks, DzyMsLizzy for asking a question I had but never asked.  Thanks Marisa for your very helpful answer.