jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Do you love collecting small containers?

1. tussin profile image61
    tussinposted 4 years ago

I do! Altoids tins, film canisters, empty lip balm jars, whatever.  If it's teeny tiny and has a lid I need to save it -- the tinier and more useless the better.  But I'm afraid of becoming  hoarder so ever few months or so I throw them all out. 

Anyone else have this obsession to collect small containers? What do you put in them?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL, I thought I was the only one!

I am getting better at throwing them out though..

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't throw them away- crafters love those things.! See if your community has a freecycle club online or check at community centers.

3. Arielqiao profile image59
      Arielqiaoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like holding the glass bottle with particular shape in hand and admire, but I collect few because I think I don't have so much space to restore them.

4. DreamerMeg profile image88
      DreamerMegposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know the feeling. I am currently collecting plastic containers from vitamin tablets. They are an unusual shape (because they come through the post and the company has made them tall and thin to go into letterboxes) and I thought they would look good stuck together as a pencil storage space. But they are mounting up and I still haven't glued them! I think your idea of decluttering them every few months is a good one. Must try that before the pile gets much bigger!

5. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image71
      Pavlo Badovskyyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love to throw them in garbage, my wife likes to collect them, so we try to keep balance smile

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Those, such as film canisters, which are well sealed, make good geocache containers. That will immortalise them as treasure, something exciting smile

3. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 4 years ago

I'm not so bad with the small containers, but I have found myself in the past year or so collecting containers to organize myself--organizers, pails, decorative boxes, baskets . . . . I've never even liked baskets! Now, I just need to use them! haha