jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Hubpages? Squidoo? They are all the same crap!

1. 0
    beauty-tipsposted 3 years ago

Hubpages, Squidoo and those other crap sites do allow their own aff links like amazon, ebay and much more but they do hate ebook and clickbank links, without any reason!

Amazon and ebay are too aff links and clickbank do provide aff links, there is no difference!

I deleted all the aff links in my hubs only linking to an external website where i do have only on one site an ebook link, but this is not on the mainsite and i still not able to publish my hub.

I also emailed to hubpages and they emailed me back that i´m violating their Tos because of linking to an ebook site, i think this is really unfair!

Sorry but i do not think that anyone who is investing time and perhaps money in creating articles or any other content for networks like "Hubpages" or "Squidoo" is doing something correct - It´s only a waste of time!

Rules are ok and if a website do not allow adult stuff, violence or such other criminal behavior, this is correct! But the rules of these websites are still a bit too large and unfair i think!

1. Uplifterx profile image59
      Uplifterxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HubPages isn't crap, dear dude. It's the best place to publish on the internet.

2. 0
      DMartelonlineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You missed the part of criminal behavior huh? Have you ever actually looked at the garbage that is being promoted through Clickbanks? More often than not the stuff is put up by scam artists like you who don't use a real name, the products are almost all recycled garbage that can be purchased on any PLR site and "repurposed" with whatever the new "scam of the week" is by unscrupulous people who are trying to scam others. Whenever I see a clickbank link I avoid it like the plague. But then again, I have a brain.

2. 0
    beauty-tipsposted 3 years ago

The best place perhaps if u go with amazon and or ebay but not if u want to promote other networks!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

It is a content site, they are all kind of similar.

Personally, as a user, I find clickbank goods fraudulent more often than they are helpful. I have no problem with banning them.   Clickbank is different from Amazon or Ebay in both quality of good and willingness to help customers who have been scammed.

4. howtoguides2learn profile image81
    howtoguides2learnposted 3 years ago

I have not earned anything from writing on hubpages or squidoo, but IMO Amazon and ebay affiliate links are far better than clickbank.  Many people don't like clickbank and it does not have good reputation.  Thatz why hubpages does not allow clickbank.  Clickbank is "the word u used" but not hubpages.

5. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

Google penalizes sites with links to scammy or low-reputation products. Sites can't risk letting their traffic be destroyed by algorithm penalties. It's possible that too many clickbank products don't pass the smell test, so HP and Squidoo have opted not to take the risk.

There are, however, hundreds of other affiliate sales options. I know several people who make a few thousand dollars a month via Commission Junction, Share a Sale and other affiliate programs, embedding their links on Squidoo lenses (some on HP as well, but its linking policies are a little stricter. I respect HP's reasons for playing it safe.)

I am not much of a seller, making the bulk of my income through passive ad impressions and tier payouts, but even I manage to pull in an extra $100+ a month with Amazon Associates and Zazzle commissions.

In short, if a site doesn't let you use one particular affiliate program but permits many others, there may be a good reason for it!