jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

If Google Algo is so bad....then why aren't SEO firms out of business?

1. WhatTheHub profile image60
    WhatTheHubposted 3 years ago

There's actually a BRICK and mortar location that specializes in SEO work. (Yes, Brick and mortar) nice building, fancy sign, etc.

If the Google Algo really messed things up, then how is it they are still in business?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Because there is still SEO that works.

2. Zada Green profile image60
      Zada Greenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Because they adapt and/or stick with good, 'whitehat' (not sneaky) methods. Not everyone has suffered, so look at what they're doing and do it.

2. cryptid profile image91
    cryptidposted 3 years ago

Because now companies need to hire the good SEO guys to fix the mess the bad SEO guys got them into.

Though I suspect some of them might be the same guys . . .

1. WhatTheHub profile image60
      WhatTheHubposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Right, then why all the "I'm getting out of HUB pages or writing articles" posts?  smile

3. djdaniel150 profile image59
    djdaniel150posted 3 years ago

The only people that should be concerned about Google's new algorithms are people who are not playing by the rules, or people who hired a shady company to promote, build, or manage their website. Everyone else is in the clear. I can definitely say that law suits are flaring against SEO Co's al over the country right now as a result of this. I would sue them too if they ruined my website by cheating. Cheaters never prosper!

4. emilgen2011 profile image78
    emilgen2011posted 3 years ago

Hi guys, I am seeing a lot of websites whose page ranks nose dived in oDesk, and now the owners are in a reverse process... especially those that used black hat SEO hehehe... the white hat is now commonly used to reverse the effect.

5. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 3 years ago

They want to take the high road. The SEO business has just evolved into more. If you were not hit and don't diversify your traffic you will one day. What QB will throw ALL his passes to one WR? None. neither should you rely on just Google (as your only wide-out)

6. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I may not love everything Google does, but from a user point of view their search engine still works just fine.