jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

"number of hubs" doesn't match those on display

1. innerspin profile image87
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Hope this is in the right section. When I'm looking at other hubber's profiles, quite often the "number of hubs" differs from those on display. I do understand it's probably because of idled hubs, but think it looks odd. People outside hubpages won't know why it says 45 hubs but shows 8, for example. If I had idle hubs to work on or discard, I wouldn't really want everyone knowing. Is it difficult to change the numbers?

2. Peggy W profile image90
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

I think one of the reasons they may not all show up in your profile is that there has to be a photo that will show up well for them to appear.  Other than the 1 to 6 hubs that you feature at the top and the few recently published ones...as one scrolls down there seem to be duplicates.  I do not know the reason for that.  Is it that they are more popularly viewed instead of showing all of the hubs?  Not the answer you were looking for, I am sure.  I am questioning the duplicated ones like you are questioning the numbers.  Perhaps someone will answer both of our questions.  smile

3. innerspin profile image87
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Hi Peggy W, sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean. I only have 20 hubs so far, being a slowcoach. There are 6 from the 20 featured at the top, then the 20 different ones underneath. I've seen other profile pages where hubs don't have any photo at all. I'm talking about clicking on someone's profile page, as an example,seeing at the top that they've written 79 hubs, then scrolling down to find 17 hubs on the page. Just think it looks a bit odd. Don't think I've found any duplicated hubs myself.

4. Peggy W profile image90
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

Since I have over 400 hubs as I scroll down the profile page, many of the same ones appear...generally separated by others.  They appear 2, 3 even 4 times or more while others written do not appear at all.  I am thinking that these are the ones that might be clicked on more than others?  I wish all the hubs would show up and there would not be duplicates.  It would give people more options.  That is what I meant by duplicates.

1. innerspin profile image87
      innerspinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow, you have a lot of hubs! I just had a look through your profile page, honestly didn't notice a single duplicate. Obviously you know your own work better. There's something mysterious going on......

2. derek gulbranson profile image82
      derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Peggy,

Could you help me out by pointing out the titles of the Hubs you're seeing on your profile as duplicate? It's hard for me to spot, not knowing your work as well as you. If that is indeed happening I think it's a bug and we'd like to fix it.

5. grand old lady profile image92
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

What does it mean when a hub is idle? I notice i have two of them. Why were they labeled idle, and what are the consequences?

1. derek gulbranson profile image82
      derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

working