How do we evaluate hubs listed under Topics without a hubscore?

1. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

I miss the hubscore that used to identify hubs listed in the topic section. It was the way I could tell and learn what a stellar hub looked like. Now I have no yardstick with which to measure best, better, or good. Are they now listed in order from best to worst? It would help if I knew.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The lack of HubScore is probably a good thing, if you were using it to determine quality.

HubScore is not a measure of quality, because it's done by an automated process, not a human, and therefore it can't read the content.   It's made up of several factors.  A major one is the amount of traffic the Hub receives - and that has more to do with the popularity of the subject and the Hubber's promotional skills than the quality of the writing.   Length is another factor - but that doesn't mean the Hub is full of good material, only that it's full of something (it could be waffle).

1. janshares profile image88
        jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that explanation, Marisa. It helps to know that traffic is the major factor.Very Interesting. It also explains what my hubscores may mean on my stat page and why some articles can fluctuate from 85 to 91 while some poems that don't get much traffic stay in the high 60s to low 70s. I will just keep reading random hubs and look at how it's formatted and what tools are used to determine a good example of a stellar hub. Also, Hub of the Day.