New topic ideas (Dark Comedy and Popular Culture)

1. NecroBernard profile image83
    NecroBernardposted 4 years ago

I'm fairly new to hubpages and I like to write about things dealing with popular culture and dark comedy, but the stuff that I've written doesn't have a place that it truly fits.  I had to put my scientific analysis of a zombie virus under Health -> Diseases, Disorders and Conditions -> Nervous System Diseases and Conditions, and my other ones in similarly unsuited areas. 

I'd like to suggest adding
    Entertainment and Media -> Humor -> Dark Comedy

as well as
    Entertainment and Media -> Popular Culture

If anyone has ideas for subtopics of Popular Culture, please post them. I'll list off the ideas I come up with below.
    Consumerism; Counterculture; Slang and Evolution of Language; Technology and Cyberculture; Fads; Folk Culture; High Culture; Media, Television and Film; Music, Art and Writing; Individualism

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Thanks for those suggestions, NecroBernard!

I'll drop our Topic Queen, Christy Kirwan, a line, and when she has a chance, she'll get those going. big_smile

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 3 years ago

Personally, I think every single topic should have as an option, at the tail end...  /humor.

It doesn't matter what the key word is, there is always a reason to spoof it, for its own good. I'm not saying having humor categories isn't cool, but there should just be a default  /humor that goes in to the end of everything.

Nothing in this world is exempt from ridicule. Humor is the mirror that protects us from abuse, largess, ego, greed, and all the rest. The key words that serve "monetizing" hubs should at least be available to efforts to counteract the evils that too much monetizing can do to society. smile