jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How do comments help or hurt earnings?

1. 2besure profile image84
    2besureposted 4 years ago

Some of my hubs don't have a lot of comments.  Do comments help or hurt earnings?

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

They may help a little because they add fresh content to your Hub.  But I don't think it's material.

2besureposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering because I have some comments that go on and on and off topic, away from key words in the hub.

3. Relationshipc profile image90
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

Yeah Marisa is right. They add content to your hub and shine brighter in the eyes of search engines and such, which can help you with your earnings in the long run by more visitors and clicks on ads etc....I wouldn't worry if the comments are too off topic. If every comment is about 'keyword' then it might get suspicious in the eyes of Google anywase. It is more natural to have various comments that are not always right on keyword point.

If you write a hub around a specific keyword, the comments will likely relate to that keyword though, or at least be variations of, which is a good thing. A lot of people like LSI keywords (words that relate to each other) in their content. These similar keywords helps the search engines really figure out what the content is about too.

Thanks guys!  I was considering blocking comment of some hubs!

1. teaches12345 profile image92
        teaches12345posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good answers here.  Comments are always a good thing.  Being part of the community, you should comment on hubs you find interesting or just to support someone you follow.  They do show that you are a hubber of standing and a good community member.

2. tommen profile image83
      tommenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree! Fresh content is the key, and comments is always great! We should write hubs that others find useful and would like to comment on.It is the same with blogging, a blogger tries to be helpful and useful.This is the only way to get the content shared on social sites and linked to from other sites.The more popular your hub is, the higher it will rise in the search results.

We have some great writers here.  I try to improve my content, each time I write!  Thanks

working