jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

dupe (see http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105405)

1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago

It's always been a fundamental part of my writing to check the search terms and to update my hubs with those terms (if they are dominating) for better search engine traffic.

For the last while, the search terms are not appearing and I'm wondering why this is.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7311982_f248.jpg

Many thanks.

1. joanveronica profile image93
      joanveronicaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've just checked several of my hubs, and you're right, there are no search terms showing, I know there were some previously, I actually used some of them. I wonder what's up? Will it be another Google swich around?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Duplicate thread.  Please see this one.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105405

2. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Good Question...

Perhaps too good to answer - but it has been important to me also!

3. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 4 years ago

I know it's not as convenient but you can track this with Google Analytics.  Just click on Content--->All Pages--->(the page you want to rack)--->Secondary dimension tab--->traffic sources--->keyword

You will get a much better picture of your overall stats, landing pages, exit pages, etc... Of course you must have URL Channels added instead of the generic Hubpages.com URL... You get 500 URL's to track.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

livewithRichard. I really don't have time to add an article to a URL Channel. Apart from that, I've got a lot more than 500 articles on the web. I five five or six blog sites and write for other content farms.

That said, I've noticed that Google isn't putting keywords on blogger anymore either. So this might be a Google's latest ploy to make people stop making people work towards getting a better ranking rather than writing good stuff....

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I doubt this very much because more detailed statistics are available with Analytics and Webmaster Tools.

1. profile image0

RebekahELLE, only if you fill in the Channel section. Of course, I don't pretend to understand Google Analystics as I've had issues with it from day one. The instructions are so ambiguous and uses so many terms that are poorly explained for someone like me that I've never been able to set it up properly.  sad

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to fill in channels on WMTools.  You look at your search queries and it lists the keywords bringing in searches, plus it lists the hubs which have those keywords, gives # of impressions, clicks, changes and rank of your keywords.  I use WMT more than I use Analytics.

1. profile image0

Oh dear.... Don't want to be dumb but what are WMT tools?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
            rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry~ WMTools is Webmaster Tools from Google.  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ster-Tools  I was just abbreviating it.

If you're not signed up with it, I highly recommend following the link and verifying your site.  It has a wealth of helpful information and keeps you updated on all of your verified sites.

1. profile image0

Much appreciated RebekahELLE. Thank you. I will do that. smile

5. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 4 years ago

I've found the keywords found in the hub metrics completely useless and it is a useless effort to try and use those keywords to stuff a hub with more of them... The hub is already being found with those keywords so why add more of them?

Google Analytics is the best available tool to track URL's for free.  If you don't want to take the time and learn how to use it then you get what you get.

1. profile image0

Excuse me?

Was I complaining about the numbers in traffic I was getting? I didn't realize I was doing so badly, but thanks for your opinion on this.

Next, Google analytics only provides 500 channels and combining all my articles on the web, I've got a lot more than 500.

And as I explained before, it's one thing having someone show one how to do this. It's quite another trying to read it and study it. The explanations are so badly written and so ambiguous that they cannot be understood. It's one of the ironies of those that write bad English that there are now so many people who write English badly that the majority understands bad English but not good English, and the people who understand good English cannot understand what is being written. smile

Closed to reply

working