jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

If there is no God, how do you explain supernatural phenomena?

1. RichusFridum profile image60
    RichusFridumposted 3 years ago

More and more people today comepletely discount the existence of a all powerful creator of all life and they're entitled to their beliefs.
    With that being said there have been many witnessed, documented and proven occurences that are unexplained and often seem other other-worldly or divine.
    You can google or youtube them.
    If you believe there is no other entity at work on Earth whether it be a God, Extraterrestrial or spirtual in some form then what would be your educated guess to answer these "mysteries" that scientists, theologists, and other great thinkers are working hard to understand.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 3 years ago in reply to this

good question...one of biggest mystery is human brain...the spiritual experience as claimed shows different set of brain mapping...till we understand our brain to larger extent , then only we conclusively say that there are experiences called super natural....till then it would be mere speculation and those speculations have given rise to concept like god....with time we would be able to reach to logical conclusion one way or the other...

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The believer will invoke magical entities and events into unanswered questions because that's what they've indoctrinated to believe.

1. A Troubled Woman profile image61
        A Troubled Womanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Quite so, dear friend. lol

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image80
    Zubair Ahmedposted 3 years ago

God - who's HE?

Everything came into existence in a BIG BANG.  Since then everything has evolved purely by chance.  The computer I am using to respond on this thread - used to be a molecule on my desk which suddenly decided it would be more productive to change into a cell that attracts other similar cells.  One day I walked into my office and to my amazement this wonderful machine was sitting here on my desk glaring at me. I shouted 'Ohhh my Computer' that's why everyone knows this machine by the name computer.

In a similar my neighbour Tom, used to be a toad i the pond in Gorgina's  garden.  Suddenly one day it decided to swim out and became a hybrid frog....after many months in Gorgina's warm store room..the hybrid frog Tom decided it was time to mutate into something different ...having checked out how sexy Gorgina was it the hybrid frog thought the best possible shape to take would be that which resembled Gorgina's sexy curves but with subtle differences ...One night Gorgina opened the store room door and to her shear delight this thing fell on the floor...she screamed...'ohhhh my MAN'... you now have the modern man.

So sophisticated yet unable to comprehend the complexity and accept that nothing happens by chance!

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Please give a proven example and I will be happy to show how it can be rationally argued that it is not proven, or not supernatural.

4. austinhealy profile image84
    austinhealyposted 3 years ago

It is not true to state that "more people today comepletely discount the existence of a all powerful creator of all life". Most don't discount it. They just choose not to embrace such beliefs, mostly because they are not interested or just don't care. They don't even question your beliefs. You're free to believe anything you want. You're the one starting a thread, and then you question other people's integrity who haven't even voiced any opinion yet. If I said to you I just saw the cutest flock of rosy little piggies flying by my window, would you believe me ? I think not ! And you would be entitled no to believe me because it seems a little farfetch, doesn't it? Or should I say supernatural ? You've been challenged by Psycheskinner to lay one case on the table. Why don't you do that ?

5. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 3 years ago

An all-powerful creator of life is an interesting phrase that could easily refer to the Universe itself.

However, if you are referring to a being that created things, then your assertion is without proof. If anything, the world is becoming more religious, not less so. In fact, athiesm is one of the most despised belief systems if opinion polls are to be believed, so there's very little motivation for people suddenly to stop believing in God (assuming they believed all along).

Since I am a non-believer by this author's definition, my answer to the question is quite simple. I simply accept that there are many things in this world and in this universe that I can't explain simply because I don't understand them. That doesn't mean they have a supernatural explanation.

6. Joseph041167 profile image60
    Joseph041167posted 3 years ago

I agree with Psycheskinner completely. Most of the stuff I have looked into were at best Anecdotyl, less than ideal, and not verifiable. Many times they involve someone trying to put a book out and the witnesses are recieving a percentage, reporting from their false memory syndromes, lucid dream trips, anoxias, hallucinogins, and what nots.

7. Joseph041167 profile image60
    Joseph041167posted 3 years ago

I also absolutely agree with everything that crankalicious has said here.