jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Hope you are all ok in the area of the storm

1. freecampingaussie profile image46
    freecampingaussieposted 3 years ago

I just wanted to say we are thinking of you all in the area of the storm and hope you are all ok. Guess we will see photo's in hubs after it is all over ,

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

God bless you for thinking of us.   I am in New York and the weather is pretty bad here.   The weather is quite thunderous and I am staying inside.    Things flew on my terrace but all in all things are as to be expected.    Thank you again for thinking of us in the storm.

3. fpherj48 profile image80
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Thanks for asking!!   We're in the Western NY area and really weren't suppose to get much of anything.  However, that all changed this morning.  It has been dark, rainy, cold and extremely windy all day.......I guess this is what they call the effects of the "tail ends" of the storm.  We've been warned, via all the local news and weather reports that beginning tonight around 9 pm...until 3 am., the winds will get worse...up around 70 mph.   A power outage is bound to occur, so we've all prepared as best as possible.   Fingers crossed there is little damage and certainly no injuries!!    Again, Thanks for caring!  You're NICE!!

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 3 years ago

Batten down the hatches New York, we know your going to be in some turbulent weather for a day or so. Take care of yourselves, and be safe.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your thoughts of kindness and God bless!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

I'm in Ontario, at least 10 hours away from New York City. It's very windy here and a woman was killed in Toronto by flying debris.

6. freecampingaussie profile image46
    freecampingaussieposted 3 years ago

Sorry to hear that . Hope there are not too many casualties . Most are evacuating from what we hear.

7. caseymel profile image91
    caseymelposted 3 years ago

I am just outside DC.  Lots of rain and wind.  It sounds like my doors and windows are going to get blown in!

8. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 3 years ago

Stay safe everyone... you are all on my mind.  I'm following the storm on CNN and it looks pretty awful.  I'm worried about the subways flooding in NY, that could be a total nightmare.  Anyway, thinking of all hubbers in Sandy's path.

9. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 3 years ago

WV is getting some SNOW!  Where I live is only getting a few inches, but just an hour or so away there is already a foot of snow.  I hear the snow that I am getting is going to turn back into rain later today so we might expect some flooding  sad

10. bac2basics profile image88
    bac2basicsposted 3 years ago

I second Free´s message. I haven´t seen any footage on the news in Spain yet, but that´s only because I haven´t had the telly on. I also hope all those I know in storm hit areas are OK, and everyone I don´t know too .