My hub was unpublished by hubpages.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. lucybell21 profile image68
    lucybell21posted 11 years ago

I just posted a question about this. But now I am really upset. I wrote a hub about my Halloween costume box, and the memories.. All the pics and story were my own. I want to know why hubpages unpublished it. I found this out when I posted my hubpage article on another site. I spent a lot of time on this hub, as I do for all the hubs I write, and only to make piddly cents. Now this. No wonder so many other hubbers want to leave the site, or have already left. I was trying to stick it out like others, but I don't know anymore..

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was probably unpublished over something silly and minor.

I think if you click on the unpublished message at the top of your hub, you will at least have a clue as to why.

Nearly a year ago, I wrote a 2,000 word hub on something I actually know about, and it was unpublished almost immediately by a moderator.

I didn't understand why, but then again I don't understand half of what happens around me.

Instead of arguing the point, I immediately deleted it from HP and put it on one of my blogs.

I would love to report it is has done well since, but of course it hasn't.

Then at a later date I learned that HP didn't like one of the 'authority sites' I'd linked it to.

Something as simple as that. Look at your outgoing links, because some are less popular than others, apparently.

And yet, it is a good thing to link out, especially to authority sites.

Hope this helps smile

1. RichieMogwai profile image59
        RichieMogwaiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's an excellent suggestion, IzzyM.  I think I need to look up the authority sites links in my unpublished hub as well. Thanks.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It definitely sounds as if you triggered the duplicate content penalty by publishing the same article on another site when it was already published here. HP want all articles to be exclusive to them, so even if it is your own work you cannot have it published on more than one website at the same time.

1. LillyGrillzit profile image79
        LillyGrillzitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But, we are allowed to link our HubPages article on sights such as Pinterest, and RedGage, because those sites do not have a problem with promoting members work, nor the sites we publish on. This is not a violation of TOS of HP, because it remains a Hub, it is just a backlink.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Just a backlink to a Hub is fine, no problem at all. The way the original comment  was worded made it sound as if  the entire article was posted somewhere else too which would be in breach of TOS.

Quote from OP: "I found this out when I posted my hubpage article on another site. "

I understand. I was just hoping the rules had not changed again. Thanks for clarifying. -smiles-

No problem smile

2. lucybell21 profile image68
        lucybell21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

No I did not post the hub anywhere else. I only put the link to my hub on the usual social sites. Facebook, redgage and sidetick. Just trying to get some traffic to my hubs.

On that basis I would check out the reason given at the top of the unpublished hub as Psycheskinner suggests. It seems likely that WriteAngled and Relache could be on to something too, as purely personal hubs are another 'no no'. Clearly it wasn't duplicate at least.

3. kathleenkat profile image84
      kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Publishing the same content on another site is against the ToS. That's (probably) why it was deleted.

4. LillyGrillzit profile image79

I am right there with you.
      I had a Hub unpublished saying it was over promotional, and had too many links.  I had 1 RSS feed, and a Google Map to the farm we found the pumpkins at. It was for the Halloween season, and I have been taking it apart everyday to try to get it to pass someone's inspection.
      I did contact HubPages about their call, and my rating went from 92, to 88. That is probably not the reason but...

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's weird. It doesn't sound like too many links, LillyGrillzit. Gosh, I hope they straighten that out soon. Bummer.

Thank you Victoria.

2. lucybell21 profile image68
        lucybell21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

There was no links in the hub, nor amazon, nothing. Just a story about  a box of my grandkids halloween costumes, and the story behind it, and all my own pictures that I took of the costumes.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So what is the reason for unpublished stated right on the hub.  Easier to check than to guess.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

They didn't mention anything? Maybe it was duplicate content since you published it on another site? Or did you just publish a link to it?

3. CrisSp profile image71
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

Don't they normally send you a notice by email about it before taking action to unpublish the hub? I remember, getting an email from them about one of my hubs saying it's a duplicate content and they will unpublish it.  I emailed them back and ask them to clarify because I haven't published it anywhere, only to find out that the problem was actually one of the links. I've corrected it by removing the link and it was since published.

You may wanna try to shoot an email first and find out more?

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The first thing to do would be to go to the hub and click to see what the reason was.

5. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

HP also unpublish hubs which they consider to be purely personal and unlikely to be of interest to people who do not know the author personally.

"Purely personal" is a totally subjective criterion. I can imagine different moderators having different responses to some specific hubs.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'll second this line of reasoning.

6. lucybell21 profile image68
    lucybell21posted 11 years ago

Update. I contacted the hubpage team, and they said there may have been some confusion, and to re publish the hub. So I did, and it went thru, tho I have to wait the 24 hours. So we will see what happens. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Great news, thanks for the update smile

7. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

You cannot publish a hub on hubpages that is published somewhere else word for word. Duplicate hubs are not allowed!!!!!! Looks like you've done that so that's why it was unpublished...

I think you need to read the last ten posts or so as apparently this was not the case and was just slightly badly worded which is what gave the impression the hub had been posted in its entirety elsewhere too.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)