jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Add a picture, but a RELEVANT picture!

1. kschang profile image89
    kschangposted 3 years ago

By now, it should be clear to any one that your hub will only show up with a picture next to the summary... if you have a picture in the first place!

The problem is picking the right picture, but still keep it legal.

I have seen many people just go to Google or Bing search, find a generic looking picture of whatever their subject is, and copy that. THAT'S ILLEGAL!  Even if you put the Google search URL as the source!

You need to go to FREE Stock Image sites to find free-to-use images. There's a dozen hubs on this subject alone. Though one that I like a lot is freedigitalphotos.net, where the low-res version for hubs and blogs is free, just backlink and attribution/citation needed.

However, I believe I came up with an alternative source of picture: the meme generator at memegenerator.net

The idea is to borrow one of the various memes on the net, and play off it for your subject by adding the appropriate captions.

For example, one of my hubs was about persuasion, and they have a Master Yoda meme, so I used the caption:  "Jedi Mind Trick? No. Easy to change, your mind is."  Seems to fit perfectly.

Got any other tips of unusual but legal image sources?

And my contribution:
    HUB: A few more Free Stock Image Sources for Your Hub and Blog
    <link snipped - no promotional links>

1. ElSeductor profile image60
      ElSeductorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All sources can be legal if you cite them correctly.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not quite. You need permission from the photographer at times or the copyright owner.

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Most definitely untrue.  No one, for instance, has no permission to use the photos in my hubs no matter how you attribute them.  To use them without express permission constitutes theft.

I say no one, but I did give my permission just a few days ago to someone wanting to use one or two in a college dissertation.  NOW it is legal for him to use them, but until granted that permission it definitely was not and his instructors understood that perfectly, requiring him to produce an email from me granting that permission.