jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

No eBay Earnings for September?

1. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 3 years ago

Just reviewed my earnings and I had a nice run in August but absolutely nothing for September. Is this possible?

1. djdaniel150 profile image61
      djdaniel150posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Affiliate marketing earns nothing hardly. Cost per click is the only thing that counts.

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry buts that's rubbish. If you know how to do it you can earn a damn sight more with affiliate sales than with CPC. Here are a couple of my averages:

CPC - average income per 1000 views - $5

affiliates - average income per 1000 views - $33

@ American Choices - Personally I don't do ebay as I find the payment structure very confusing, so sorry I can't help you there.

I get a dollar per click, except for the Google community ads, they only pay one or two cents. But the others pay alot better. It depends on the site, and the ads. Also, I only get a dollar per click with the front page of my site. The others pay less for whatever reason.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have to disagree.  Like Susana, I make a hell of a lot more per visitor from my affiliate sales than from CPC.   

I am referring to my blogs here rather than HP, because on my blogs I can use a better format for my affiliate links.

2. 60
    Robin Thomas Eposted 3 years ago

Maybe you should have a look at your Analytics stats to see whether you got any traffic from outside Hubpages. I'm told that members here at Hubpages should not click ads, though I'm not sure whether its posted as a rule.

3. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

With the ebay program on HP, you get paid for clicks. It's not a % commission from sales set-up like Amazon. So even if no one bought anything, it seems like at least a few people would click through.

What is the monthly payout threshold? Is it possible you just didn't hit the minimum $ amount? It does seem odd that with 80 hubs no one clicked on any of your ebay capsules for the entire month, assuming you have them in most/all of your hubs.

I think the real question is how much traffic did you have? Yeah, you could easily get a thousand page impressions and no clicks, or you could get 100 page impressions and 30 clicks. Its all luck of the draw. I personally don't think this site gets enough traffic in order for anyone to actually make a living from it. Hub needs to clean itself up! Its their SEO that makes no sense. People can make all the hubs they want, and other websites can put up all the ads they want, doesnt matter, no traffic = no revenue. You need traffic of like 30,000+ visitors a month in order to really bank on the net. And thats for a small domain.

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I used to get 60,000+ visitors a month here on HP and made Amazon payout every month, and I was one of the lower earners!

Times have changed sad

4. tommen profile image82
    tommenposted 3 years ago

For me, Adsense revenue is down to the toilet even though traffic is on the rise.Hard to say what the problem is but I´m sure others are experiencing that too.I have focused on only 1 excellent affiliate product that pays recurring commission every month (a subscription) and it has compensated a lot.I have eBay ads on my hubs but haven´t checked the earnings.

Its partly the way the ads are placed, as well as the type of ads used on hubpages. Link ads suck! No one clicks on them. Ads are like anything else, if they're not appealing in some way, then no one wants to click on them. Image ads are the only ones used on my website so far, except for the search engine, which uses link ads. Images are the best.