jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Should I use my main hub and delete the others and add those to that.

1. Scott Mckinzie profile image61
    Scott Mckinzieposted 3 years ago

I am very new here and have 4 hubs. They are all on the same subject and was wondering if it would be a good idea to combine them to have more content. Any advice from you all greatly appreciated.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It depends how long they are. 

Last year, one of our top Hubbers did some research and she reported that Hubs of between 800 and 1,500 words seemed to do a lot better than shorter Hubs.   So if your Hubs are shorter than that, there could be some benefit in combining them.   There is no upper limit in theory - but in practice, most readers won't scroll down much past the 1,500 word mark so that's a good place to stop.

Having said that, not everyone agrees.  Other Hubbers claim that you can have just as much success with Hubs of about 400 to 500 words - the secret is that you have to write at least four on the same subject, and then interlink them all.

2. Novel Treasure profile image86
    Novel Treasureposted 3 years ago

It depends on if they are all saying the same information. If they are all on the same subject but talk about different aspects of that subject, you can leave them separate. That's like niche writing. But if they each are giving basically the same information in each then I think combining them would be best.

Scott Mckinzieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank You for answering and your advice. I really appreciate it.smile

3. btrbell profile image88
    btrbellposted 3 years ago

I agree with Novel Treasure and wanted to add that when I started on here 4 months ago, I wrote severasl hubs about something that has nothing to do with what i write about now. I also have a website and I write on a couple of other places. The one thing I have found with all of them is that they tend to take on a life of their own. My thoughts for you: Leave what you wrote the way it is. Just add new hubs. Later on down the road when you have more hubs, you can change the original ones around. Good luck!

Scott Mckinzieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank You btrbell, I appreciate your advice. I have soooo much to learn and sometimes seems overwhelming..But I will charge forward and learn as I go smile Thanks again.

4. CrisSp profile image83
    CrisSpposted 3 years ago

Hi Scott! I agree with btrbell, leave what you wrote the way it is now and just add new hubs. Later on, you can always tweak or modify your old hubs. That way, those old hubs will be brought to life again (they become idle after some time) and will continue to gain more traffic. I've just revisited my very very first  hub "Masterpiece to Masterpeace" (done 6 months ago) and did some revision on it. True enough, I've new views after doing that and it's continuously getting views. Goodluck!

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but you'll get greater traffic if you link hubs that are on the same topic. You can do this through the text capsule by highlighting a related phrase, then clicking on the little symbol that looks like a chain. Your hub titles should pop up below the box that appears - if not, you can enter the URL.

Be sure each hub is at least 500 words long - if they aren't, either expand them or go ahead and combine them.

Good luck here on the site!